18 Things I've Learnt at 18!




I'm only half an hour late with today's post but I thought since I turned 18 in August  I would make this post all about the things I've learnt in the past 18 years! Here goes nothing...

1. Change is good.
Even though it may seem horrible at the time, change is good; it makes you more adaptable and appreciates that some things aren't going to last forever.

2. Don't feel ashamed for what you enjoy.
I like One Direction what does that matter to you? Listen to the music you like or wear the clothes you like best who cares what other people think as long as you're happy.

3. You can choose your friends, but not your family. Appreciate them.
As much as you'd sometimes like, you can't change your family so you may as well not cause unnecessary fights.

4. Coffee doesn't taste as bad as it smells.
In the last year, I discovered the wonders of coffee and how it wakes you up but I had hated the smell and the whole idea of coffee for years because my maths teacher in year 7 used to sit her coffee right beside my desk. (Extra point: Never sit at the front of a maths class). 

5. Believe in yourself.
You CAN do it!

6. Always be kind to people.
It will never hurt to be nice, treat people the way you want to be treated.

7. Be patient.
With other people but also with yourself, amazing results aren't going to appear over night; give yourself time.

8. You're never going to get along with everyone.
Don't force friendships that you know won't last, focus on the people who you click with best.

9. Stand up for what you believe in.

10. Things aren't always going to go to plan. 
Don't beat yourself up about your mistakes.

11. Balance.
No one lives a perfect life. Eat that bit of cake, just don't eat the whole cake.

12. Travelling is good for you.
It's good to have aspirations to want to travel to new places and discover new cultures, it's good to get out of the known and discover the unknown.

13. My best friends now are the real deal.
Can't wait for your future wedding in the forest Cadi.

14. There's more to life than Scotland.
I want to travel everywhere and see all of the world.

15. Sometimes you outgrow people.
That's life, don't feel bad about it.

16. You are what you love, not who loves you.
Holding on to what you love is more important than worrying if people will like you for it.

17. One bad grade won't ruin your life.

18. Love yourself.
If you can't love yourself how do you expect others to love you? 

Comments

Popular Posts