How to stick to fitness plan?



It's easy to say you're gonna work out every day at the start of the year but most people find it hard sticking to a workout plan, or at least I do. It was probably nearly 2 years ago when I first found Kayla Itsines on Instagram and I found it amazing that so many girls were following her program and getting incredible results, and I wanted to join them. It turned out my friend has just got her ebook too and we wanted to try to do it together. I really think her 12-week program is amazing and I found that it was crazy how it was only 28 minutes long and it really worked! I was happy with the effort I was putting in and the results I was getting, it made me excited for completing the guide and seeing the amazing process I would make. I did stick to it for a while but I started to find that I wasn't making time for it or I wasn't putting 100% into it so I thought "Oh it's ok I'll just repeat this week again and it'll be better"... I started only doing 2 or 3 circuits instead of 4 because oh well I'll do better next week! That was a slippery slope because I wasn't really trying anymore and I was skipping some of the exercises and not really following the program like I had intended too. I think the furthest I got was week 9 which at the time I was proud of because I must have done week 4 and 6 about 4 times before I managed to complete them. I had lost the motivation I originally had and it seemed that if I couldn't finish BBG why should I bother?!

It wasn't until the start of this year when I really wanted to get back into fitness and I was watching the Sacconejoly's on YouTube that I found Lucy WyndhamRead was training Anna and she was the motivation I needed to start working out again! Lucy is Anna's personal trainer but the beauty of her YouTube channel is she's your personal trainer too because she has playlist after playlist of different workouts that target different areas and take no time at all... I was hooked! I loved how quick the routines were and how easy it was for me to follow along at home. I found the difference between Kayla's guide and Lucy's videos was that I could easily talk myself into skipping exercises and redoing weeks of BBG, but with Lucy's videos she was there in real time whilst you were doing the workouts talking you through them and it seemed like I was cheating more if I skipped parts because it was as if she was there with me training! I'm not saying either is better because both of these amazing personal trainers got me back into working out one way or another and I love fitness again and I'm excited to continue my fitness journey. I think it's good to find what works best for you and to stick to it so for a while that was Kayla's BBG guide but right now I'm loving Lucy's videos! Her videos really leave no room for excuses; it's free, it's quick and you have her motivating you throughout the exercises! Another thing I love about Lucy's videos is that every day's workout is different, there's no opportunity to get bored of working out because she changes it up every day in each of her challenges and I think that's the main reason I've stuck with them for the majority of the summer; they're new and exciting and I look forward to working out now!!

This month Lucy is doing another challenge where she posts a workout video every day alternating between calory burning workouts and toning exercises! It's really easy to follow because each video is only 4 minutes long so there are no excuses for not having any time to workout!!

My personal challenge is to complete every day of this months challenge along with a previous challenge of Lucy's; her 100 rep challenge because I really enjoyed doing this one before I went on holiday this summer. I hope that after reading this you'll check out either Kayla or Lucy and allow one of them to help you get fit and healthy!

Comments

Popular Posts